quarta-feira, outubro 13, 2010

BULLYING - READING COMPREHENSION

BULLYING, WHY ME??

There’s a gang of kids at my school who are making my life hell. A few weeks ago they asked me for money. I said No, but then they pushed me and hit me. Like a fool, I gave them my bus fare and so I had to walk home. But that was only the start of it. Every day after that they asked for more. I had to take money from my mum’s purse to pay them. Now I can’t face them anymore. I haven’t been to school for over a week. I’m so afraid of them! I’ve got fever and I throw up everything I eat. I just can’t stop wondering “why me”?! What should I do? I can´t talk to anyone else about my problem. Please help me.
Robert, Edinburgh

Some time ago I had an eating disorder and I put on a lot of weight. Since then my life has never been the same again. My schoolmates are always making nasty comments on my weight and some of their jokes are rather cruel. I feel helpless and lonely. I mean, I still have some of my old friends, but I feel that I am not as accepted as I was when I “looked good”. Sometimes I’m just too embarrassed to be around people. Last month I asked this boy in my class to the dance. He said yes, but the next day he dumped me. I heard later that he had said it was because I was a fatso. What should I do? Please help me!
“Desperate”, Liverpool

A - Find evidence in Desperate’s text for the following:

1. Desperate’s life changed because of her weight problem.
2. She hasn´t got any friends.
3. She doesn’t feel at ease when she is near other people.
B. Reread both texts and answer these questions.

1. Why did the bullies hit Robert?
2. Why do you think Robert wrote to this magazine instead of talking to his mom or his teacher?
3. What type of bullying is Desperate victim of? Account for your answer.
4. How does she feel about it?
5. What does Desperate mean by saying that she is not as accepted as she was when she “looked good”?
6. Did she get to go to the dance with the boy she invited? Why/ Why not?


2 comentários:

  1. Ficou só a massa ó doido!!!!!!!!

    Fabiane, trairi-CE, Brasil

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Caro Prof Ricardo,

    Texto muito bom e prático para quem necessita de um material rico em interpretação e vocabulário.
    Parabéns!
    teacher Elza

    ResponderExcluir

250 EXERCÍCIOS ANÁLISE SINTÁTICA

1. (UF-MG) Em todas as alternativas, o termo em negrito exerce a função de sujeito, exceto em: a) Quem sabe de que será capaz a mulher de...