segunda-feira, agosto 15, 2011

SHOPPING... DO YOU LIKE IT... OR HATE IT? (3º. ANO)

Dear students.... Work in groups with 2 or 3 students each one. Write only the answers on a piece of paper. This is an evaluation!

Good Luck 4 u!

A. Some people like shopping, others don’t. Read the following teenagers’ opinions.

Sarah from New York
I love shopping, especially clothes! I usually go to Macy’s or Bloomingdale’s. I prefer department stores to shops. They have a wide range of things. I also like going to SoHo*, though. There is a shop there that has sales all year round, so prices are much cheaper. I usually go there once a month with my friends. As a matter of fact, we were there last weekend to buy a birthday present for Melanie.
*SoHo, a unique shopping area in New York City. with everything from art stands on the street to high-end boutiques.

Maggie from London
I’m not crazy about shopping. If you asked me if I’d rather go to Oxford Street* or to a football match, I would have to say the match… But when I have to buy clothes, I usually go to Miss Selfridge’s or Marks & Spencer. The quality of the clothes is pretty good and the prices are reasonable. They always have special offers and, if you’re lucky, you can find real bargains. I sometimes go to Harrods with my mom. We were there last month for the sales, but it was so frustrating. The prices were much higher than we thought. A casual dress for £80, can you believe it?!
*Oxford Street, Europe’s busiest shopping street in London.

Pedro from Lisbon
I hate shopping and I usually make a list of what I need and ask my mom to buy it. As school was about to start, last weekend she made me go with her to Colombo Shopping Centre to buy some new clothes and a pair of trainers. It was a nightmare! We spent hours coming in and out of crowded shops and my mom was always stopping to talk to her friends. The only good thing is that she bought me a new computer game. That really put a smile on my face…

B. Choose the right option according to the text.



1. Sarah buys her clothes  ____  .

a) at Macy’s only
b) at Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s
c) not only at Macy’s but also at   
    Bloomingdale’s and in SoHo.


2. Maggie____.

a) loves shopping
b) hates shopping
c) doesn’t like shopping very much


3. The sale prices at Harrods ___.

a) weren’t so low as Maggie expected
b) were as low as she expected
c) were even lower than she expected


  4. Last weekend Pedro was at Colombo
      Shopping Centre __.

a) but he found it a little bit boring
b) but he couldn’t have hated it more
c) and he had lots of fun



C. Give complete answers to the following questions. In English.

1. Why did Sarah go to SoHo last week? 

2. Where does Maggie usually buy her clothes? Justify your answer. 


3. Do you think Maggie and her mom did some shopping in Harrods’ sales? Why/why not? 
4. Who does most of Pedro’s shopping? Why?
5. Why did he have to go to Colombo last weekend? 

D. Now it’s your turn. Write a similar text   
expressing  your views on shopping.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

250 EXERCÍCIOS ANÁLISE SINTÁTICA

1. (UF-MG) Em todas as alternativas, o termo em negrito exerce a função de sujeito, exceto em: a) Quem sabe de que será capaz a mulher de...